Tuesday, March 07, 2006

PRESENTATION

My name is Isabel Galanaki and I was born 28 years ago in a Greek island of The Aegean Sea. Between the Cicladas islands, Santorini is one of most known. It is said that it was here where one was finding the Atlantis (already you know, the lost continent). A terrible earthquake destroyed the half of the island under the sea and granting the form of half moon that has today in day. I do not know if the legend of my island will be true or not but the earthquakes if that are. And it can that without them I did not exist. I explain: My father was born in Santorini and my mother is Andalusian and she works studying volcanoes. The latter information is very important since it is the reason for which my mother came to Santorini. Her intention was to pass a few months taking samples of the volcano Nea Kameni. Ultimately she remained forever.

I grew in the island until it made me too small. To the 18 I decided to move to Seville where my Spanish family was living to know better my another half. Since then I have not stopped travelling I am charmed with travelling! And meet people. And this way Dhube was born. In a hotel of Scotland where I was working to pay the trip, I became a friend of one of the cooks. She was Peruvian and she was pregnant. When I had to return to Spain she gave me two "quitapenas" (small dolls of some 5cm) in order that everything me was OK.
We supported the contact and five years later we returned to be in Edinburgh she had a beautiful girl of five years! And suddenly I happened to give her a doll for the "quitapenas" that his mother had given myself. But not a doll anyone. There wanted that was a special doll, that there was no equal other one. And then I thought the first one of many dolls that they would come later. She was on the corner of Princess Street with Lothian road. She was charmed with to the girl. You had to see his face! This way I began this adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Estadisticas de visitas